- Unites the community and increases neighborhood cohesion
- Reduces fear of crime in the community
- Improves crime reporting by citizens
- Prevents and reduces Crime
Strong and Healthy Neighborhoods
- We all value a sense of security as a vital feature of the neighborhoods where we live.
- A sizable number of us (about one in four) enjoy building the formal and informal links that strengthen safety. Source The Allstate Survey on Safer more Caring Communities
- People are willing to join together to increase neighborhood safety
- Six out ten belong to Neighborhood Watch where it is available Source Are We Safer? A NCPC survey by ADT
- Neighborhood Cohesion-neighbors who know and look out for each other-is among the strongest features of safer neighborhoods, according to researchers at Harvard University.
National Crime Prevention Council 2006